Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bites from other blogs

Exam preparation has left me with no time to bake. But I enjoy trawling through food blogs to save recipes for another time when I am free to bake. This just so happens to be in 2 weeks, which is when my baking companion Natalie will be around!

Until then, these are a few recipes that have caught my eye in the food blogosphere.

Nutella Palmiers


Only two ingredients to this easy dessert. Yes, I like simplicity. And I like Nutella.

Microwave Cheesecake


I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this: Microwave. Cheesecake. There was the "most dangerous recipe" with microwave chocolate cake, but this is just as sinful. The recipe's in Croatian but a quick translate revealed quite a simple recipe, using a mixer, baking dish, your hands, and a microwave.

Pandan Coconut Muffins


Something about this caught my attention. Maybe because it was green. To me, green translates into pandan, which is something I've grown up smelling/eating/drinking. My Dad makes amazing pandan chiffon cake, and this recipe seems like miniature versions of it.

Cinnamon Chocolate Feather Pudding


Winter (which has just started here in the Southern Hemisphere) reminds me of warm and gooey desserts, so there is nothing quite like good ol' fashioned pudding to warm up the cold nights. Winter is also the time for weight gain.

Momofuku Crack Pie


I have heard so much about Momofuku and its head chef David Chang. There is no way I can ever visit the restaurant because: A) It's super pricey, B) It's in New York City, and C) Apparently you have to order everything in advance. All of this intrigues me. From my scant research, Momofuku has six concept restaurants: Momofuku Noodle Bar, Ssäm Bar, Ko, Milk Bar, and the most exclusive of all, Má Pêche, in which reservations have to be made at least 3 months ahead. The recipe above comes from Momofuku for 2, a mere foodie's attempt at cooking every recipe from the Momofuku cookbook. In complete contrast to the earlier recipes I've posted, the Momofuku Crack Pie is no simple, easy, two-ingredient recipe. Hell no. There's a lot of hype surrounding this pie - its name as well as its taste - and the only way to see what all the fuss is about is by trying it. Maybe. As I said before, I like simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin